Detailed Instruction for Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy
Required Components for Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy:
Osmoscope, Osmotic medicine, penetrants, electrode plates (2), vessel (1), power (1), heating oven
Operating steps of Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy
Step One: Soak the osmostic medicine with penetrant in a vessel (At the beginning, apply one bag of osmostic medicine with one bag of penetrant, then follow the doctor' instructions for the dosage.)
Step Two: heat the soaked medicine bag with heating oven evenly until all the medicine is heated thoroughly (heat the medicine bag for 2-4 minutes with microwave oven while at home).
Step Three: electrotherapy
Detailed instructions are as follows:
● Put a sanitary cloth sized approximately 50*70cm on bed, in order to avoid contaminating the bed cloth when the medication overflows.
● Wrinkle the sanitary cloth at the middle as "n" shape, the height of which exceeds that of the medicine bags (See figure 2).
● The two electrode plates are put on the sanitary cloth with the plates' upper edge 5 cm from the sanitary cloth edge and with the wire edges of the two electrode plates slightly far than the opposite ends of the two plates, actually showing "八" shape.
● Put the well-heated medicine bags on the two electrode plates respectively, isolating with sanitary cloth in the middle.
● Press the two medicine bags with your hands to make the surface flat.
● Patients lie down on the two bags, with renal area (approximately the waist part on back) right on the two medicine bags, and lower edges of the two kidneys is 10cm up the two frontal carinas and center of the medicine bags is the two kidneys' location.
● After lying down, first, connect the osmoscope to the power and choose electrotherapy mode. The specific way is to turn the amperage knob gradually from left to right until you feel comfortable when the body get used to certain amperage, and keep certain amperage, then increase to appropriate amperage according to one's bearing capacity.
● Time control for electrotherapy. Each period for the osmoscope is expected to last 45 minutes and patients can take 1-2 periods each time according to his feelings (i.e. 45-90 minutes each time). They can take a rest during the process and listen to gentle music to relax themselves.
● When the process is finished, patients can get up after the power is cut off first, then wipe the medication fluid at the renal area gently with a warm wet cloth and get dressed to avoid catching a cold.
The above-mentioned is a complete osmostic electrotherapy process of Macro-Chinese Medicine osmotherapy, which should be taken twice per day. And you can contact experts during the operation when you have problems.
Notes for operation of Micro-Chinese Medicine Osmotherapy:
● The medicine bags must be put right on the renal area during the process, or the expected effect can not be achieved.
● Press the medicine bags to make the surface flat, so that the body skin can touch the bags closely. There shouldn't be space between the skin and bags.
●Humidity of the medicine bags: It can neither be too dry, or the resistant will be high; nor be too wet, or short circuit will happen easily and medicine can not be penetrated into the body.
●Temperature control of the medicine: temperature will be ok if patients feel comfortable; burn would occur when temperature is too high, while effect would not be that good if too low.
Choosing of Amperage
● Low current should be applied to patients with diseases like diabetic nephropathy, PKD, severe hematuria, proteinuria and children.
●As to other nephrotic patients at different stages, Amperage should be ok if they feel comfortable.
Micro-Chinese Medicine is an externally applied therapy, which is safe and is found to have no obvious side effects through years of clinical application. During application, patients should contact with their physician in charge in time if they have uncomfortable symptoms.